Pope-Swift County Cooperative Weed Management Area (CWMA) is a program in Pope & Swift County working towards reducing the environmental and economic threats posed by invasive plant species to our grasslands. One objective in this program is to educate the community about these invasive plants, the threats they pose, and the procedures for treatment.
Our goals include raising awareness of the invasive species problems, build partnerships, preventing spreading of invasive weeds, identifying new invasive weeds, managing existing invasive species populations, providing materials, expertise, and assistance to landowners.
The Pope-Swift CWMA was made possible through a grant awarded to the Pope Soil and Water Conservation District in 2008, from the Minnesota Board of Water and Soil Resources.
For more information about invasive weeds in our county contact:
Barry Bouwman at 320-634-5020 or firstname.lastname@example.org or
Pope SWCD at 320-634-5327
- MN Department of Transportation (MNDOT)
- Pope County Highway Department
- Pope County Land & Resource Management Department
- US Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS)
- The Nature Conservancy (TNC)
- MN Department of Natural Resources (DNR)
- Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)
- Farm Service Agency (FSA)
- University of Minnesota Extension
- Pope Soil and Water Conservation District (SWCD)